link href='/favicon.ico' rel='icon' type='image/x-icon'/> Idli Together With Appe: I Batter, Ii Dishes! Meatless Monday. | Healthy Food

Idli Together With Appe: I Batter, Ii Dishes! Meatless Monday.



As a working mom, I am e'er striving to feed my family, peculiarly my children good for you lot meals. Weekends, I instruct inward a betoken to brand traditional breakfasts which too tin travel tiffin items for the kickoff twain of days of the week. Most Indian traditional breakfast items require around variety of batter to last made ahead of fourth dimension in addition to fermented. This agency you lot select to excogitation ahead mid-week equally to when to soak the rice in addition to lentils in addition to when to grind the batter in addition to brand certain at that spot is plenty fourth dimension for fermentation. If I am making all this effort, I mightiness equally good brand certain that I select plenty for 2 breakfasts in addition to many last fifty-fifty a few of the kiddos lunches through the week! Now obviously, nobody wants to swallow the same breakfast 2 days inward a row!! We all crave variety. So, I became creative in addition to created variety.



My kids beloved idlis ( steamed rice-lentil cakes) that are unremarkably served amongst sambar. When I brand idli batter, I brand certain that I brand plenty batter for 2 breakfasts! However the minute day, instead of making idlis, I brand appos ( paniyaram ) inward a appe pan or ablesevier pan. Making appe is too a peachy role for idli/ dosa batter that has gone sour. I role the same chutney for both. You could fifty-fifty instruct creative amongst the appe past times adding chopped onions, coriander leaves, bits of ginger in addition to greenish chillies in addition to may last fifty-fifty around finely chopped veggies! It comes out delicious!






Today, I am going to part the recipe for this batter in addition to the technique for both.

You tin uncovering the recipe for the idlis here in addition to the technique for apphere.


This is perfect for the lunch-box for the kids. You tin fifty-fifty brand mini-idlis instead of the regular big ones.

Mini-idlis amongst peanut chutney in addition to blueberries


Mini-idlis amongst peanut chutney in addition to blueberries



Hope this has helped you lot in addition to you lot tin come upwards up amongst fifty-fifty to a greater extent than wonderful ideas!

Appe amongst peanut/coconut chutney in addition to blueberries

Appe amongst peanut/coconut chutney in addition to blueberries


I am bringing this to Throwback Th # 30, Fiesta Friday#111 in addition to Saucy Saturdays. Angies's co-hosts this calendar week are Naina @ Spice inward the City in addition to Julianna @ Foodie On Board.

Cooking made easy:


After making idlis, cleaning the idli mold plates tin last quite a like shooting fish in a barrel task. You tin brand this chore easier past times ensuring that you lot liberally grease the idli mold amongst butter or ghee( clarified butter), which too gives the idlis a overnice flavor.

Tip for good for you lot living:


Giving kids home-made tiffin is much healthier than pre-packaged processed stuff. Always instruct inward a habit to include around fruit amongst your child's lunch.

Food for thought:


You don't know until you lot select tried. Suchitra





Please create part your thoughts. Your sentiment matters!

Subscribe to receive free email updates: