link href='/favicon.ico' rel='icon' type='image/x-icon'/> Halloween Special: Messy Sausage Mummy! | Healthy Food

Halloween Special: Messy Sausage Mummy!



I didn't know what Halloween was until I came to this country! I used to read nearly it inwards books together with wonder what form of celebration/ festival is this?? Well, I withal don't know! Why is Halloween celebrated?? Do you lot know?? Hence, it is difficult for me to generate the required enthusiasm for this detail celebration. Why? I don't come across a indicate to it! But I exercise do a trivial something because of the kids! I am the form who runs some the terminal minute! Then again, I receive got no Halloween political party to travel to, my daughter's schoolhouse doesn't allow them to come upward to schoolhouse inwards their costume together with my boy is also trivial to know anything!! Ok, ok, I am non a political party spoiler! That is why I dressed my immature adult woman inwards her favorite Princess Aurora costume together with my boy equally his favorite graphic symbol Winnie the Pooh! Awww.. They looked so adorable & soo happy! That is why I fifty-fifty came upward amongst a Halloween- themed snack! Sausage mummies!! I came across this yesteryear run a peril at travel on tv!! I liked the catch of it together with decided to brand them! It looked super-easy to make! You tin detect the master recipe here. But yesteryear the fourth dimension I made it ( afterwards trick-a-treating together with inwards betwixt laundry), it seemed similar a Herculean task! I only didn't receive got the patience to brand long ropes together with patiently roll it up! I was wayyyy also tired. I only wrapped them together with baked them! That is why I named them messy mummy! Someday, when I receive got patience I volition larn inwards over again together with ship service amend pictures!.



Here is the step-by-step of my version of the recipe!

I am bringing these messy mummies to Angie's Fiesta Friday! I am so excited to portion the concept of it amongst all my friends there! Happy Fiesta Fri together with Happy Halloween everyone! This calendar week Jhuls and Margy are co-hosting.

Servings: five ( ii per person)( nobody tin swallow only one!


Ingredients:


Turkey sausages: 1  parcel of 10 sausages.( whatever sausage tin live on used; nosotros don't swallow meat, thence turkey)
Pillsbury biscuit: 1 parcel ( makes 10 biscuits)
Mustard : equally needed to brand eyes.

Method:


Take a unmarried sausage . At the junction of the upper 1/3 together with lower 2/3 cutting the sides of the sausage to brand arms, equally shown inwards the picture.


No brand a slit inwards the bottom of the sausage to brand legs. Leave the upper 1/3 for the head.



Take a unmarried biscuit dough together with separate it into iii parts; ii large equal ones for the arms together with the legs together with the minor i for the head.



Roll the pieces into 2 long ropes together with i curt rope.

Using the minor one, roll the caput portion of the mummy. Using i of the larger ropes, roll i arm together with leg on i side, starting from the leg working your agency up. Now exercise the other arm together with leg starting from the bottom, making the shoulder together with so working your agency downwards the arm.


Line upward the mummies on a baking sail inwards a unmarried layer.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Bake the mummies for 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown.


Take them out together with allow them cool downwards slightly. Once cooled, brand the eyes together with oral cavity using the mustard.

Serve amongst ketchup or your favorite dip!



Enjoy!

Cooking made easy:


Clean-up afterwards baking becomes a chore particularly when at that topographic point is drippings or the pans are burnt. You tin forestall this headache yesteryear lining your baking pans/ sheets amongst aluminum foil. When done, all you lot receive got to exercise is accept the foil out, gently launder the pans, dry out together with seat them away! You tin fifty-fifty utilization the foil to roll leftover baked goodies!

Tip for salubrious living:


Truthfully, fifty-fifty though, sausage tastes slap-up on the tongue, I know it is non healthy. It is non expert for you. You actually don't know what is inwards a sausage!Most often, sausage is made from the scraps of leftover meat! It is also high inwards nitrites together with sodium which is bad for the body!

Food for thought:


Good advice is e'er sure enough to live on ignored, but that's no argue non to hand it. Agatha Christie

Subscribe to receive free email updates: