link href='/favicon.ico' rel='icon' type='image/x-icon'/> Dudde Phulla Gojju ( Pumpkin Bloom Chutney) | Healthy Food

Dudde Phulla Gojju ( Pumpkin Bloom Chutney)



This post service was written a duet of months agone together with I never got the fourth dimension to set out it! I am glad it is hither forthwith when everyone has come upward dorsum alongside renewed conclusion to swallow healthy!!





Did yous know that yous could brand a dip/chutney from pumpkin flowers??
I didn't know either!




During Fall, when I went pumpkin picking, I picked upward a bunch of pumpkin buds to fry! Yes, it is a specialty cuisine inwards our community! The lady at the farm told me to pick equally many flowers equally I wished! My four & seven twelvemonth one-time kids were also picking them for me. They picked upward a bunch of non only buds but flowers too!!

The flowers inwards the dorsum were used for this chutney/gojju

I was regaling this to my mom together with telling her how deplorable I would experience to throw them out. My mom told me to brand chutney out of the blossomed flowers. I laughed when she told me that! I had never heard of such a thing! But when I realized how slow the recipe was, I decided to laissez passer on it a try. The consequence was delicious! It was gone inside a day! We used it equally a dip alongside the dosa for breakfast together with and therefore 1 time again alongside rice for lunch!




Do laissez passer on this uncomplicated recipe a try!


Servings: 3-4


Prep time: 10 minsCook time: five minsTotal time: xv mins


Ingredients:


Pumpkin flowers: unopen to 20-25
Red chillies: 2
Methi seeds: 3-4 nos
Asafoetida powder: a pinch
Salt: to taste
Ghee ( clarified butter) or oil: 1/2 tsp
Tamarind : pea-sized if dry out or 1/8 tsp if using pulp.
Water: 1/4 cup


Tempering:

Coconut oil: 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds: 1/4 tsp
Curry leaf: a sprig



Method:


Wash together with thoroughly build clean the pumpkin leaves. Separate flowers from stem. Discard stems.

Heat 1/2 tsp ghee inwards a frying pan. Add the carmine chillies, methi seeds, asafoetida & pumpkin flowers. Sauté for a duet of mins or until the flowers are wilted.
Turn off the flame & allow it cool down.
Once cooled, add together tamarind, tabular array salt together with eyes together with blend it to a smoothen paste.
Take this inwards a bowl.

Tempering:

Heat 1/2 tsp crude inwards a frying pan.
Add mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds splutter, add together the curry leaves together with plough off the flame.

Add this on transcend of the chutney equally garnish.

Mix earlier serving.



Serve alongside dosa/ chapati or rice!



Can move refrigerated together with used for upward to a week.


Enjoy!

I am bringing this to Fiesta Fri #156  and Saucy Saturdays#81.

Cooking made easy:


Regular cooking crude tin flame move used equally a substitute for close recipes that telephone phone for ghee or clarified butter. However, the dish may non move equally flavorful. If yous are wellness witting together with therefore it is amend to move ghee & crude inwards the ratio of 1:1. The dish volition move depression inwards calories all the same flavorful!


Tip for good for yous living:


Ghee is a much healthier selection than close oils. H5N1 picayune flake of ghee tin flame larn a long agency inwards making your dish flavorful. Also, ghee prevents nutrient from burning easily when yous stimulate got to sauté for long periods of time.

Food for thought:


Nothing has to a greater extent than pull than dire necessity. Unknown




Please create portion your thoughts. Your persuasion matters!



Let us remain connected on Facebook Pinterest | Twitter | Instagram | Google+ 


Subscribe to receive free email updates: