link href='/favicon.ico' rel='icon' type='image/x-icon'/> Zucchini Bread; Gluten Free; Meatless Monday | Healthy Food

Zucchini Bread; Gluten Free; Meatless Monday



When my honey blogger friend Sarika called for a collective on breads, I didn't yell back I could participate! Firstly, I avoid breads, secondly, the solely "bread" staff of life that I convey baked is the gluten-free sandwich bread. Thirdly, fifty-fifty if I were to yell back of making ane for my family, I don't convey a stand upward mixer, which way I volition convey to knead using my hands. This would upshot inward hurting inward my hands! You guys must convey noticed already that I don't brand anything that requires lot of kneading, stirring, hence on as well as hence forth!  Well, you lot guys larn the idea..



Sarika hence told me that whatever form of staff of life would do! That perked my ears! I am all for cake-like breads that could survive had for breakfast as well as the kids could enjoy. I brand banana-nut bread, cranberry-pecan bread all the time! I convey been important to crusade zucchini staff of life for a acre straight off as well as fifty-fifty had this recipe saved from ane of the posts at Angie's Fiesta Friday! Finally, I decided to crusade my manus at it . I decided to brand a gluten-free version. I had brought this gluten-free flour mix from Costco a acre agone as well as it has been sitting there. I worry that it volition larn bad. So, I decided to exercise it. The zucchini staff of life came out moist as well as delicious! It is real tardily to make. I convey modified the original recipe, which you lot tin displace detect here.



Servings: makes ane loaf


Prep time: 20- thirty minsCook time: 50-60 minsTotal time: 80-90 mins



Ingredients:


Gluten free  flour mix : two cups, I used Namaste Foods Gluten Free Perfect flour blend. ( you lot tin displace exercise wheat/ all role flour, if you lot don't wishing it gluten free)
Baking soda: 1 tsp
Salt:1/4 tsp
Ground cinnamon: ½ tsp
Ground nutmeg: ¼ tsp
Vanilla extract:1 tsp
Butter:1/2 cup
Brown sugar:  1 cup
Eggs: 2
Zucchini : 1 large, grated , some four cups
Walnuts:½ cup,chopped(optional)


Method:


Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Lightly grease a nine x five inch loaf pan as well as operate on aside.

In a bowl, shell together the butter, carbohydrate until creamy. 


Add the eggs, beating until smooth.

Now add together baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg  as well as vanilla essence.

Squeeze the grated zucchini to larn rid of every bit much H2O every bit possible. Add this to the bowl.

Add the flour as well as nuts ( optional) mixing gently. Do non overmix.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan .



Place it inward the middle rack of the oven.

Bake the staff of life for 45-50 minutes at 350 deg F.  Lay a piece of foil gently across the transcend as well as bake until a cake tester (like a toothpick) inserted into the centre comes out clean, five mins at a time. I needed additional fifteen mins.


Remove the staff of life from the oven as well as allow it to cool for 10 minutes earlier turning it out of the pan onto a rack to cool completely.



Slice every bit desired.



Serve warm amongst butter ( optional).


To store: operate on the slices inward an airtight container inward the refrigerator.

May survive warmed slightly earlier serving.

Enjoy!

I am sharing this delicious breakfast amongst my friends at Saucy Saturday#57

Cooking made easy:


You tin displace exercise a combination of zucchini as well as overripe mashed bananas or zucchini as well as apple tree sauce.
To larn inward vegetarian substitute ane egg each amongst 1 tbsp Flaxmeal mixed inward iii tbsp water.

Tip for salubrious living:

Breakfast is the virtually vital repast of the day. Do non skip breakfast. Try to consume something that you lot like, fifty-fifty if it is a modest quantity.

Food for thought:


There is a form of beauty inward imperfection. Conrad Hall





Please practice part your thoughts. Your thought matters!

Subscribe to receive free email updates: