link href='/favicon.ico' rel='icon' type='image/x-icon'/> Masala Oats (Savory Oatmeal) | Healthy Food

Masala Oats (Savory Oatmeal)



Oatmeal is non something that was traditionally a business office of the Indian cuisine. From what I cry back of my childhood, alone sure as shooting catholic families made it, that also for their ill household unit of measurement members. I 1 time tasted it too didn't similar it at all!! The means it was made is past times cooking it inwards H2O alongside a pinch of salt! How bland is that?? But now,  oatmeal alongside fruits too nuts  is what my hubby & I select for breakfast on weekdays! How ironic! It has constitute it's presence inwards the Indian marketplace set too. People select it many unlike ways but the almost mutual is the savory version of it. Saffola a construct markets pre- packaged savory oats, known every bit Masala Oats, which tin live on fix inwards simply iii minutes. During my concluding catch to India, I had picked upward a pack out of curiosity. It was lying around inwards my pantry. One day, I made it for my hubby for breakfast out of desperation. I didn't select anything else to laissez passer on him! The funny part, he loved it!! He wanted me to become far to a greater extent than often! I tasted it too constitute it similar inwards gustation to Maggie 2-minute noodles. Because my hubby liked it too thus much, I tried to simulate it. The result: straight off I select to become far daily for him for breakfast.






Prep time: 0 minsCook time: 1+ two mins
Total time:  3 mins


Servings: 1


Ingredients:


Water: 1/2 cup
Instant oats ( plain, non alongside sugar): iv tbsp
Mixed vegetables: two tbsp ( I used a frozen mix of peas, carrots, beans too corn.
Turmeric powder: a pinch
Salt: a pinch
Garam masala/ curry powder: a pinch

Method :


Add H2O & vegetables to a pot too convey it to a boil. Now, add together all the remaining  ingredients listed, stir, cut back the open fire too create for two mins. Cover too run on until fix to serve.




Serve hot.




Enjoy! I am 
 bringing this to Saucy Saturday! Angie's co-hosts this calendar week are Judi @ cookingwithauntjuju and Petra @ Food Eat Love.


Cooking made easy:


If you lot don't select frozen veggies, you lot tin used vegetables that select already been cooked. In which case, you lot tin add together all the ingredients to the pot at the same fourth dimension too create for iii mins.

Tip for well for you lot living:


Breakfast is a really essential showtime repast of the day. It kick-starts your digestive system, prevents binge eating, keeps your blood saccharide steady, gets the metabolic organization started too prevents weight gain. Even if it is simply a picayune something, construct sure as shooting that you lot select some form of breakfast, preferably a well for you lot one.

References:
http://www.diabetesforecast.org/2011/sep/the-importance-of-breakfast.html?

Food for thought:


Nothing is a waste matter of fourth dimension if you lot purpose the sense wisely. Auguste Rodin



Please produce percentage your thoughts. Your persuasion matters!



Subscribe to receive free email updates: