link href='/favicon.ico' rel='icon' type='image/x-icon'/> Grilled Tofu Alongside Sriracha | Healthy Food

Grilled Tofu Alongside Sriracha




Today is an extra-special hateful solar daytime equally I lead keep been given the privilege of co-hosting Angie's Fiesta Fri #107,with a seasoned co-host as well as an first-class blogger Margy @ La Petite Casserole. I promise I tin stand upwards up to the trust placed past times Angie on me. If you lot don't nevertheless know what Fiesta Fri is yet, it is fourth dimension to depository fiscal establishment jibe it out! It is i of the friendliest blogger parties ever! I joined Fiesta when I starting fourth dimension started blogging ii years ago. Over the past times ii years, I lead keep made several friends at the Fiesta, learnt a lot from all the wonderful bloggers who political party there. The best purpose almost Angie's Fiesta is that everyone is therefore willing to impart whatever they know to you. This house is a approbation to novel bloggers.Check out the guidelines here for coming to this party. Link upwards your posts at Angie's Fiesta and to both the co-hosts!






 I lead keep created this recipe specially for my friends at Angie's Fiesta Fiday! I am looking forwards to tons of chit-chat, sharing as well as caring over the adjacent few days!!






Tofu as well as I lead keep a variety of a love-hate relationship. What is tofu? Tofu is basically edible bean curd that is made past times curdling soy milk as well as and then pressing I into a solid block, precisely similar the agency cheese ( paneer is made).




 I similar the concept of tofu as well as all the adept things that it stands for, but I lead keep never come upwards to similar the gustation of it; until now! I lead keep tried incorporating tofu inwards my diet on several unlike occasions. I lead keep made scrambled tofu, I lead keep substituted it inwards house of paneer as well as made our traditional paneer dishes similar malai paneer, paneer chilli, I didn't similar it. I lead keep made stir-fry using Tofu; didn't similar it. For precisely about reason, it precisely didn't appeal to me. It tasted bland, weird.. I don't know.. Just non right. I used to oftentimes come across my real adept blogger friend, Sonal @Simplyvegetarian777 rustle upwards amazing tofu dishes. I would precisely hold off at her posts as well as allow them pass.



Then i day, I went out to dinner at this Korean eatery downtown. One of the dishes that nosotros ordered was rice amongst vegetables as well as something. The cite was quite fancy. When the dish was served it looked groovy as well as tasted out of this world! One of the items inwards that dish was slices of Tofu. It was therefore flavorful as well as delicious,  I cannot fifty-fifty describe! Looking at that dish, I realized that the flim-flam for cooking Tofu as well as making it flavorful is marinating it right. Tofu is essentially bland amongst no detail taste. It is askin to an empty canvas. It imbibes the gustation of whatever sauce that you lot pose it in. This gave me a renewed conclusion to endeavour Tofu again!





 I marinated it inwards a spices dearest barbecue sauce as well as grilled it inwards my grill pan over the stove top. The trial was a delicious tofu steak that is super-flavorful as well as made a wonderful side for my meal! The best purpose is that at that topographic point is non much prep involved as well as is super quick as well as slow to make! Perfect for a weeknight dinner. All you lot would demand to practise is at precisely about betoken ( read previous night)  marinate the tofu steaks inwards the sauce as well as acquire out it inwards the fridge. Extra draw solid tofu industrial plant best for this recipe.






Servings: 6  ( One 1.5 cms thick steak per person)


Ingredients:


Organic Extra-firm Tofu : 1 package
Honey barbecue sauce: 1/4 loving cup ( whatever build volition do. ( I used precisely about leftover gourmet dearest BBQ sauce that I had).
Soy Sauce: 1 tbsp ( utilisation gluten-free if gluten-intolerant ).
Sriracha sauce: 1 tsp ( you lot tin utilisation whatever hot sauce if you lot don't lead keep Sriracha)
Olive oil: for greasing the grill pan.

Method:


Slice the tofu into 1.5 cms thick slices ( steaks). Keep aside.

Add dearest barbecue sauce, soy sauce as well as Sriracha sauce to a bowl. Mix well.




Brush each tofu spell amongst the marinade as well as house inwards a bowl. 




Pour the remaining on top of it. Cover as well as occur inwards the fridge to marinate a minimum of xxx minutes.




Heat the grill pan on the stove halt on medium heat. Grease the pan using olive oil. When the pan is hot enough, house the tofu slices on the pan. Cook for five mins on depression flame. Flip it over as well as gear upwards for precisely about other 4-5 mins.




Serve hot amongst grilled vegetables, noodles or fried rice.




Enjoy! I am too bringing this to our friends at Throwback Thursday.


Cooking made easy:


As you lot tin see, whatever combination of sauces amongst flavors that you lot wishing could live on used. I ordinarily select a petty flake of this as well as a petty flake of that as well as come across what comes out of it. If it is good, I part it amongst you lot all. You win precisely about as well as you lot lose some. But you lot won't know until you lot lead keep tried! Be creative!

Tip for salubrious living:


Tofu is a groovy origin of poly peptide for vegetarians as well as vegans equally it is i of those few foods that contains all 8 essential amino acids. It is too an first-class origin of atomic break 26 as well as calcium as well as the minerals manganese, selenium as well as phosphorous.  It is too a adept origin of magnesium, copper, zinc as well as vitamin B1.  However, I personally prefer to utilisation organic as well as non-genetically modified tofu.

References:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tofu
http://www.livestrong.com/article/378597-is-tofu-healthy-to-eat/
http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/ingredient-focus-tofu



Food for thought:


Once nosotros lead keep our limits, nosotros become beyond them. Albert Einstein


Please practise part your thoughts. Your watch matters!

Subscribe to receive free email updates: