link href='/favicon.ico' rel='icon' type='image/x-icon'/> Cranberry Rice; Meatless Monday | Healthy Food

Cranberry Rice; Meatless Monday


Thanksgiving is the only fourth dimension of the twelvemonth when nosotros teach cranberries. I didn't know what cranberries were until I came to this country. Then I only knew of cranberry juice, which I beloved as well as cranberry sauce that comes inward a can. Until terminal year, I had never brought habitation cranberries equally I didn't know what to produce alongside them. Everything changed terminal year. I made cranberry pecan bread, cranberry chutney, cranberry wild rice pilaf and it all turned out good. This twelvemonth I am expanding my horizons fifty-fifty further. I made this cranberry rice which was delicious. I tried it alongside the organic Mekong brownish rice from Lotus foods as well as it came out delicious! I actually similar their brownish rice! It cooks inside xxx minutes to a perfect consistency. The texture is cracking as well as non chewy. I, who would non swallow brownish rice before, instantly expect frontward to it! No,Lotus Foods is NOT paying me to tell this or to write this post. This is exclusively my opinion. You choose to hand it a attempt to know for yourself if what I tell is true. Last fourth dimension I made Thai Salmon basil fried rice using their organic brownish rice as well as it turned out delicious! I wanted to cheque if that recipe was what was making it gustation as well as hence practiced past times using a recipe that was vegan as well as alongside no sauces inward it. I made this cranberry rice using real few ingredients as well as alongside the master copy flavour coming from the cranberries. It is a real unproblematic as well as quick recipe which gives yous a delicious meal! 





Servings: three ( 1 loving cup per person)


Ingredients:


Lotus build organic brownish rice : 1 cup
Water: 1 3/4 cup
*Cranberries purée: 1/4 cup
Cooking oil: 1 tbsp ( I used kokosnoot oil)
Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
Curry leaves: 1 sprig ( optional)
Urad dal(Split matpe beans): 1 tsp
Chana dal ( split upward chick peas): 1 tbsp
Peanut halves: 2 tbsp ( optional if allergic to nuts)
Green chillies: 2, chopped fine( tin survive adjusted based on private spice level)
Ginger: 1 inch, minced
Asofoetida ( hing) powder: a pinch
Sugar: a pinch
Salt: equally per taste

Method:


* to build cranberry purée, oestrus 1 loving cup fresh cranberries alongside 1 tbsp H2O until soft some 7-10 minutes. Cool it. Blend when cooled.

In a saucepan, convey 1  3/4 cups H2O to a boil. Add the brownish rice to it as well as convey it to a boil. Then trim the flaming to depression , comprehend as well as develop for xxx mins. When the xxx mins are up, fluff the rice alongside a fork, proceed it covered for some other fifteen mins.

Heat 1 tbsp petroleum inward a sauté pan . Add mustard seeds. 

Once the mustard seeds splutter, add together curry leaves, urad dal, Chana dal,green chillies, ginger, hing as well as peanut halves i afterwards the other. 

Sauté for a twosome of minutes until the lentil as well as peanuts plough slightly golden inward color.

Add the cranberry purée, common salt as well as carbohydrate as well as sauté for 2 to a greater extent than minutes.




Now add together the cooked brownish rice as well as mix gently but thoroughly.




Garnish alongside freshly grated kokosnoot and/or coriander leaves ( cilantro). This terminal pace is optional. 




Serve hot. I am bringing this to the wonderful Angie's Fiesta Fri #96.

Cooking made easy:


I ever expect for ways to build my weeknight dinners to a greater extent than efficient. One of my tricks is to build cranberry rice using Cranberry Chutney. I build a big batch of cranberry chutney as well as role it instead of the cranberry pulp inward the inward a higher house recipe. You tin detect the recipe for cranberry chutney here.

Tip for salubrious living:


Cranberries is a superfood that is a powerhouse of antioxidants. They are known for their anti-inflammatory properties. They are a rich origin of vitamin C as well as dietary fiber. It is known to preclude as well as assistance process urinary tract infection.

References:

http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/cranberries-year-round-superfood
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/269142.php
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=145

Food for thought:


All cracking achievements demand time. Maya Angelou

Subscribe to receive free email updates: