link href='/favicon.ico' rel='icon' type='image/x-icon'/> Burnt Garlic Soy-Chunk Peas Pulao | Healthy Food

Burnt Garlic Soy-Chunk Peas Pulao



I came across this item dish inwards this wonderful grouping that I belong to, called " Chef at Large". It currently has 40000 members, most of whom are interactive, engaging in addition to most importantly post service such inspiring delectable dishes that makes you lot desire to crusade them out inwards your ain kitchen! Anyways, this is ane such dish which was perfectly suited to my busy schedule equally it did non remove likewise many ingredients or prep ,was quick in addition to tardily to make, in addition to something my married adult man in addition to kids would like. I am ever thinking close what my picayune ones volition uncovering appealing. Right downward my alley... Right??

I conduct maintain had this dish at the dorsum of my heed for a piece now. By fluke, I happened to larn inwards this weekend. Why yesteryear fluke?? Well hither is the interesting even out for that.Saturdays are busy at our domicile equally my immature adult woman has ballet class and correct later on that are the swimming lessons.Saturdays, the whole household tends to wake upwardly lazily.. including me. I decided that amongst breakfast I was also going to brand to a greater extent than or less vegetable pulao for lunch. With that intent inwards mind, I soaked the basmati rice in addition to and so drained it. I fifty-fifty soaked the soy chunks inwards hot H2O amongst salt.But I never institute fourth dimension to truly brand the pulao! We were out all twenty-four hr menstruum in addition to had a early on Father's Day dinner outside. When I came home, the covered rice bowl in addition to the soya chunks were all the same lying on the kitchen counter. I left it at that topographic point overnight. I didn't know what else to do. Next morning, I didn't desire to brand pulao amongst that rice equally chances were that the entire affair would plow mushy! See, I had never been inwards a province of affairs similar this before, hence didn't know what the condition of rice left exterior similar that would be. I decided to brand simply plainly rice in addition to conduct maintain it from there! Luckily for me, the rice turned out simply fine( of course of pedagogy I reduced the cooking time). That's when I decided to crusade the Burnt garlic soy chunk-peas pulao. I already had the soy chunks soaked!I made to a greater extent than or less quick mutter paneer in addition to cucumber-avocado salad to larn amongst it. The destination final result was a marvelous Father's Day tiffin which was prepared inwards nether an hr in addition to which both my married adult man in addition to the kids loved! Well.. All that ends well..


Here is the recipe for Burnt Garlic soy chunk-peas pulao:

Servings: 4-6


Ingredients:


Cooked white rice: vi cups ( you lot tin purpose whatsoever form of rice, I used basmati rice).
Soy chunks: 1 cup
Vinegar: 1 tbsp
Salt: 1\4tsp + 1 tsp
Water: iii cups hot + two cups mutual depression temperature Ghee: 1 tbsp
Cooking oil: two tbsp ( I used olive oil)
Jeera/Cumin seeds: 1/2 tsp
Garlic: 4-6 cloves, finely chopped
Whole Red chiilies : two medium sized
Fresh greenish peas: 1/4 cup
Cinnamon stick: 1 inch ( optional)
Cloves: two ( optional)
Cardamom pods: 2( optional)
Bay leaf: 1 pocket-size ( optional)
Raisins: 1 tsp ( optional)
Cashew halves: 1 tbsp( optional)



Method:


Soak 1cup soy chunks inwards iii cups hot H2O for thirty mins(to which a pinch of tabular array salt has been added).
Now squeeze in addition to drain the soy chunks in addition to soak them inwards two cups mutual depression temperature H2O to which 1 tbsp vinegar had been added. After fifteen mins, squeeze, drain in addition to move on aside.

In a kadai/ wok/ sauté pan, rut 1 tbsp ghee in addition to two tbsp oil( I purpose oil-ghee mixture in addition to I purpose kokosnoot or olive oil). Add 1 tsp jeera. Once jeera splutters, add together 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic in addition to sauté until the garlic turns golden inwards color in addition to slightly burnt.

Add 1 inch cinnamon stick, two cloves, two cardamom pods, 1 bay foliage in addition to two whole cerise chillies. Then add together to a greater extent than or less cashew halves in addition to a tsp of raisin. Sauté for a minute.

Add the drained soy chunks in addition to 1/4 loving cup fresh greenish peas. Cook on depression until the greenish peas are tender. Add salt.

Now mix inwards vi cups of cooked rice. Mix gently but well. Cook on depression until the rice is hot.

Serve amongst whatsoever curry/side dish of your choice. I served mine amongst mutter paneer in addition to cucumber-avocado salad.





Enjoy!

Do post service pics if you lot brand this. It is truly simple, quick in addition to easy!

Cooking made easy:


Most oftentimes than not, nosotros conduct maintain leftover rice inwards the fridge.This recipe is best for leftover rice.

I conduct maintain ever followed the motto of "making purpose of what you lot have". Hence, inwards this recipe if you lot don't conduct maintain whole garam masala spices ( cinnamon, clove, cardamom in addition to bay foliage it is ok. Use what you lot conduct maintain or simply skip it. It will still gustation good. That is the argue I marked it equally beingness optional. The same is truthful for cashew halves in addition to raisins.I similar the mash of cashews inwards the rice in addition to this is a nifty agency to include nuts inwards your diet. The raisins I purpose for the hint of sweetness. I sometimes purpose dried cranberries instead of raisins inwards my pilafs/ pulao.

If you lot wishing you lot tin add together 1/4 tsp cerise chilli pulverization or 2-3 slit greenish chillies to larn inwards a picayune to a greater extent than spicy. I wanted my picayune ane to swallow it, hence served it amongst a side dish.

You could improvise in addition to add together a picayune fleck of soy sauce in addition to chilli sauce in addition to you lot tin plow the same dish into burnt garlic soy-chunk fried rice!

Tip for salubrious living:


Soy chunks are a nifty vegetarian substitute for meat inwards to a greater extent than ways than one. I conduct maintain had my friends oftentimes error it for chicken/meat.
Apart from providing a "meaty" texture to whatsoever dish, soy is a nifty origin of protein. In fact it is ane of the few plant-based proteins that is considered a consummate poly peptide that provides all the essential amino acids!

References:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/soy/background/hrb-20060012
http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/news/20110630/benefits-of-soy-a-mixed-bag
http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/food-nutrition/facts/benefits-of-soy.htm

Food for thought:


Life is hard, nutrient should last easy. Joy Bauer


Subscribe to receive free email updates: