link href='/favicon.ico' rel='icon' type='image/x-icon'/> Thai Salmon-Basil Fried Chocolate-Brown Rice; Lotus Foods | Healthy Food

Thai Salmon-Basil Fried Chocolate-Brown Rice; Lotus Foods

                               

                                   



I ordinarily rest away from Brown Rice. I i time brought a handbag in addition to struggled to goal it, the argue beingness that it takes forever for the dark-brown rice to last cooked. It took me around 1.5 hours to gear upwards it to my desired consistency in addition to yet, I institute it to last chewy in addition to nutty. I didn't assist for  it.




With this sense inwards mind, I was real apprehensive when I opened the handbag of Lotus organic dark-brown rice. The instructions on the bundle said to gear upwards it for thirty minutes on depression open fire alongside 1 3/4 loving cup H2O for every loving cup of rice. It also said that 1 loving cup uncooked rice yields iii cups cooked rice. I decided to gear upwards simply 1 loving cup of rice in addition to encounter how it goes. Believe it or not, it was nicely cooked at just thirty minutes in addition to the quantity of rice was thrice the sum I started with. I decided to build a quick Thai Salmon Basil fried rice .The terminate final result was an absolutely delicious meal! The texture of the rice was simply right. The testimony for this is my vecino for whom, I took a petty bit. While giving it to her, I explained the argue for the minor quantity was because it is made alongside dark-brown rice. She was happy that I gave her simply a petty flake equally she does non similar dark-brown rice either. Later that night, she called me in addition to told me that the fried rice was exceptionally expert in addition to wanted to know where I got the dark-brown rice from!! So, the verdict is that this is i dark-brown rice that I would gladly eat! 



Servings: 4

Ingredients:

Lotus build Jasmine Mekong Flower organic dark-brown rice : 1 cup
Water: 1 3/4 cup
Salmon: 1 tin ( I used organic pinkish Alaskan salmon).
Sesame oil: 1 tbsp ( whatsoever cooking fossil oil tin last used).
Onion: 1 small, chopped
Garlic: 7-8 cloves
Green chillies: iii ( tin adapt based on private spice level)
Fresh Basil leaves: 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp
Bell pepper: 1 small, chopped fine.
Cauliflower florets: 1/2 cup
Fish sauce: two tbsp
Low Sodium Gluten complimentary Soy Sauce: 1 tbsp
Sugar: a pinch
Chives: 1 tbsp , chopped for garnishing.
Salt: if needed, equally per taste  ( equally both fish sauce in addition to soy sauce are real salty).

Method:


In a saucepan, convey 1 3/4 cups H2O to a boil. Add the dark-brown rice to it in addition to convey it to a boil. Then cut down the open fire to depression , comprehend in addition to gear upwards for thirty mins. When the thirty mins are up, fluff the rice alongside a fork, proceed it covered for about other fifteen mins.

Open the tin of salmon, drain the salmon completely in addition to proceed aside.

Roughly grind/chop the dark-green chillies in addition to garlic using a nutrient processor. Keep aside.

Heat sesame fossil oil inwards a wok on high flame. Add  the chopped onions. Sauté for a minute. 

Add the chopped garlic-green chilli mix in addition to sauté for thirty seconds. 

Add 1 tbsp of chopped basil leaves.

Now add together inwards the cauliflower florets in addition to sauté for two mins.

Next, add together the chopped bell peppers in addition to sauté for a minute. 

Add the salmon in addition to mix well. 

Add fish sauce, soy sauce, pinch of saccharide in addition to mix well. Let it gear upwards for brace of minutes. 



Now plication inwards the cooked dark-brown rice. Mix thoroughly. 


Garnish alongside chives.


Serve alongside cucumber/ love apple tree slices.

I am bringing this to Throwback Thursday, Angie's Fiesta Friday & Saucy Saturdays. Loretta @ Safari of the Mind in addition to Petra @ Food Eat Love are co-hosting the Fiesta.


Cooking made easy:


I used canned salmon equally I didn't receive got fresh salmon. Salmon fillets tin last used for this dish. If using canned salmon, locomote salmon that is canned inwards H2O in addition to is depression inwards sodium. Of course, fresh fish fillets are the best.

Subscribe to receive free email updates: