link href='/favicon.ico' rel='icon' type='image/x-icon'/> Tambde Bea Saaru-Upkari ( Creamy Cerise Kidney Edible Bean Soup) ; Su's Salubrious Living Get-Go Anniversary Special! | Healthy Food

Tambde Bea Saaru-Upkari ( Creamy Cerise Kidney Edible Bean Soup) ; Su's Salubrious Living Get-Go Anniversary Special!



Today marks i twelvemonth of my foray into the public of blogging. Today was the twenty-four hr menstruation I hopped onto blogger bandwagon together with wrote my initiative of all piddling post: well-nigh me together with the disclaimer. I did non postal service the initiative of all recipe until 27 th January, 2014. What a journeying it has been! Although I soundless consider myself a novice blogger/ novel blogger, I direct maintain come upward a long way from where I began. It has been a journeying of continual learning. I direct maintain met so many wonderful people which includes swain bloggers, followers together with other nutrient enthusiasts along the way. It would endure ungracious of me if I don't limited my gratitude to atleast a few of them who direct maintain stood past times my side, encouraged me together with helped me evolve.This listing is past times no way complete:  First together with foremost,I would similar to give cheers my Mother, who taught me to create at the tender historic menstruation of 8. She is also my exclusively champion. She supports me unconditionally inward all my endeavors! Next, I direct maintain to give cheers the foodie grouping on facebook,Chef at large ( CAL equally nosotros fondly telephone outcry upward it), it's members together with administrators for their support. It was CAL that pushed me onto the route of blogging. I am thankful for that push. Next, I would similar to give cheers all my friends together with identify unit of measurement members who inspired together with encouraged me all the way. I definitely direct maintain to limited my gratitude to Vanessa Potrass together with her squad at Meatless Monday, who direct maintain supported my operate together with fifty-fifty published i of my favorite recipes inward their Earthbound farms Breakfast e-cookbook. That was definitely an observe for me. Angie at the Novice Gardner deserves a especial mention. Thanks to her continued difficult operate hosting Fiesta Friday, nosotros acquire to interact amongst all these wonderful nutrient bloggers. And justice what?? This calendar week Fiesta Friday hosted past times Angie@the Novice Gardner is also celebrating their initiative of all anniversary! Is that coincidence or what! Angie is hosting a massive block political party to celebrate this milestone!


If yous direct maintain non yet been to Angie's Fiesta yet, yous definitely should! It is super-fun. Me together with her volition endure joining inward the celebrations. A few of my swain bloggers require to endure specifically mentioned: Amrita who blogs at amritavishal127.blogspot.com & Sonal Gupta of simplyvegetarian777 for supporting me, helping me amongst queries; Jhuls from thenotsocreativecook, who is a champion of novel bloggers, for giving me my initiative of all invitee postal service together with for nominating me for the leiberg award( which I am yet to direct maintain due to lack of time)! Thank yous for the honor.


I used to recall that I was busy before! But straight off since the start of 2015, it is absolute madness. This has happened due to alter inward personal circumstances together with me non having whatsoever attention amongst my 2 piddling ones. Well, i has to prioritize inward life , right? I direct maintain decided that this spider web log is supposed to endure something that I direct maintain upward produce when I direct maintain spare time. Therefore I am going to select it easy. I direct maintain promised myself non to become crazy well-nigh all the imperfections that this spider web log has together with needs to endure fixed. in that place is plenty of operate that needs to endure done, together with volition endure done inward due course of pedagogy of time.

It is only apt that I postal service something simple, tardily together with good for yous today. I volition thus part amongst yous today a recipe that is mutual together with everyday occurrence inward a Konkani household since fourth dimension immemorial: Saarupkari. You tin dismiss also telephone outcry upward it Saaru Upkari. " Saaru " inward Konkani linguistic communication way " gravy" together with " upkari" way "stir-fry". The literal translation would brand the dish " gravy stir-fry" or a stir fry amongst gravy. You would direct maintain seen several stir-fries that direct maintain been posted past times me. This i is slightly different,even though the physical care for of making it is uncomplicated similar that of a stir-fry. This is made amongst beans together with is thick together with soupy. Yes, I would interpret it equally " Bean Soup", konkani style. Believe me when I say yous that making soup cannot endure easier than this. This is a pretty staple side-dish inward most konkani household. Depending on the edible bean that has been used, the nomenclature of the soup. Today, I am going to utter well-nigh crimson kidney edible bean which inward Konkani is known equally tambde bea. "Tambde" way "red" together with "bea" way "bean". So crimson kidney edible bean soup would endure called tambde bea saarupkari. All that is done for the soup is that yous boil the concerned beans amongst excess H2O until it is tender plenty to your liking together with yous acquire a thick gravy.We together with so add together tabular array salt together with temper it amongst either mustard, curry leaves , hing together with chilli pulverization or temper it amongst crushed garlic together with chilli pulverization . Yes, it's that simple!!! And yous tin dismiss savor a delicious pipage hot bowl of edible bean soup either all past times itself, amongst rice, or to a greater extent than or less crackers or a slice of bread.



Servings: 2


Ingredients:


Red kidney beans: 1/2 loving cup dried or 1 can
Water: 2 cups
Salt: equally per taste
Coconut oil: 1 tsp
Garlic: 4-6 cloves
Red chilli  powder: 1/4 tsp( tin dismiss increase or decrease equally per preferred grade of spice)

Method:


If using the dried crimson kidney beans soak it inward H2O for atleast 6 hours or overnight.  The side past times side twenty-four hr menstruation identify the beans together with H2O inward the cooker. Reduce the flaming to depression afterwards the initiative of all whistle together with create for xv mins. Switch off the flame. Do non opened upward the cooker until the steam has totally been released.

Once the steam is released, mix the beans, add together tabular array salt together with convey it to a boil.


If using canned beans, rinse the beans together with boil it amongst H2O together with salt.

Tempering:

Heat kokosnoot crude inward a skillet. Add crushed garlic cloves to the oil. Sauté until the garlic turns slightly golden brown. Turn off the flaming together with add together chilli powder.



Pour this on transcend of the beans.




Serve hot amongst rice/ bread/crackers

Enjoy! I am bringing this hearty soup to Angie's Block political party at Fiesta Friday.It is co-hosted past times Hilda @ Along the Grapevine together with Julianna @ Foodie on Board.



Cooking made easy:


This saarupkari/ soup tin dismiss endure made amongst whatsoever beans. I prefer the dried beans equally when yous boil them yous acquire a overnice thick soupy consistency sauce. The canned beans don't plow over yous the same results, unless of course of pedagogy yous purpose the fluid that comes amongst the beans. This fluid all the same really high inward sodium together with may direct maintain preservatives together with thus is non skillful for you.

For creamier beans, add together a pinch of baking soda inward the H2O acre soaking the dried beans.

Tip for good for yous living:


Avoid canned beans equally the aluminum from the tin dismiss leaches into the fluid. Also the fluid tends to endure high inward sodium which is non skillful for the body. Increased consumption of sodium tin dismiss increase blood pressure, drive H2O memory inward the body.

Food for thought:


Let us permit nature to direct maintain her way. She understands her concern meliorate than nosotros do. Michel de Montaigne




Subscribe to receive free email updates: