link href='/favicon.ico' rel='icon' type='image/x-icon'/> Butternut Mash Fries; Meatless Monday | Healthy Food

Butternut Mash Fries; Meatless Monday



Like anybody else, I similar French Fries! Well, who doesn't??? I recall when I was important amongst my first-born, all I used to crave for was French fries! The best tasting ones were from McDonalds! God knows what they add together inwards in that place to instruct inwards therefore tasty! Anyways, all that is inwards the past. Many a H2O has known nether that bridge! Not alone create I avoid fried food, I create non consume potatoes anymore! For wellness reasons of course! That's puts a damper on that! Even earlier I used to brand baked French Fries! Now I create non brand them at all! That does non hateful that ones inwards a piece I don't crave them.. Well, I do... But I convey swapped the potatoes amongst sugariness potatoes! And I similar the sense of savor of it. Not likewise long ago, at the fiesta Friday, I came across butternut Squash fries! You know I had to endeavour them! Especially, since I convey butternut crush at dwelling all the time!They looked sooo good! I must state that I tried it together with I liked it! Thanks Andrea for sharing such a wonderful recipe amongst all of us. This 1 is a keeper! Who knew making fries was this easy! You tin detect the master copy recipe here.



Servings: 4-6


Ingredients:

Butternut squash: 1 medium
Corn starch/ corn flour: two tbsp
Olive oil: 1-2 tbsp
Salt: to taste
Black pepper: 1/2tsp, freshly set down (optional).

Method:



Peel the butternut crush using a regular peeler, take away the seeds together with and then cutting it into 0.75 centimeter thick sticks/strips.



Preheat the oven to 400 deg F.

Line a baking sail amongst parchment newspaper or foil together with move along ready.



Place the butternut crush strips inwards a plastic bag/ ziplock bag. Add corn flour, unopen the purse together with milk tremble it good until all the butternut crush pieces are coated amongst it.

Place the butternut crush strips on the baking sail inwards a unmarried layer. DO NOT OVERCROWD. If you lot overcrowd the strips volition non instruct crisp. You mightiness convey to piece of occupation to a greater extent than than 1 baking sail or brand to a greater extent than than 1 batch. I made two batches using two big sheets.



Lightly brush the butternut crush pieces amongst olive oil.

Place the baking tray on the middle rack. Bake for fifteen mins, later which rotate the tray together with bake for fifteen to a greater extent than minutes or until the fries are crispy plenty for your taste. Don't permit them instruct burnt.


Take the tray out, sprinkle tabular array salt together with dark pepper, toss the fries amongst it.



The fries volition live crispy on the exterior together with soft inwards the middle. They shrink significantly upon baking, therefore you lot mightiness destination upwards amongst a much smaller quantity than what you lot started with.




Serve hot, ask out of the oven amongst approximately ketchup.

Enjoy!


Cooking made easy:


Cutting together with peeling gourds/ squashes tin live challenging.The easiest together with best  agency to create it is to pare it outset using a regular peeler together with and then slice/cut it whatever agency you lot wish.

You tin also house it for a few minutes inwards the oven/ microwave together with and then cutting it. This method nonetheless does non piece of occupation for fries!

Tip for salubrious living:


Butternut squash  is a real nutrient-rich  food. It is 1 of the outset vegetables that my children stared eating.

Food for thought:


Bring ideas inwards together with entertain them royally, for 1 of them may live the king. Mark Van Doren



Subscribe to receive free email updates: