link href='/favicon.ico' rel='icon' type='image/x-icon'/> Cake Pops & Bonbons; Novel Twelvemonth Special! | Healthy Food

Cake Pops & Bonbons; Novel Twelvemonth Special!

Happy New Year's Day to all my followers, readers as well as swain bloggers! Hope 2015 volition seek out to live on an fifty-fifty amend yr than 2014!



Holidays way kids are out of school, at habitation all day! That way they desire interesting snacks all the time. Also it is solely fair that nosotros celebrate the holidays alongside sweetness treats. Here is 1 of those treats that is slow to brand ,perfect for a multitude of occasions as well as appeals to people of all ages. It is also a great way to piece of job all the cake scraps that are left cutting off afterward leveling a cake or afterward carving a cake into whatsoever detail shape. Often, these shavings as well as scraps destination upward inwards the garbage. Not inwards my home! I salve them as well as brand cake pops or bon bons out of them. I discovery that these disappear faster than the cake slices! Kids exactly dearest it! It also makes for perfect piece of job of leftover frosting. You know how you lot cause got a picayune flake of this color as well as a picayune flake of that, non to lift the little amounts leftover inwards the pipe bags! I piece of job them all!


The outset fourth dimension I made them was for my daughter's five th birthday. I decided that since everyone seems to live on making them as well as it sounds sooo slow to make, it must live on a breeze! After all, all you lot cause got to do is crumple the cake crumbs, add together roughly frosting into it, mix it together, brand little balls, pose it inwards the refrigerator for sometime, thence accept it out, insert a lollipop stick into it, dip it into molten chocolate, pose it dorsum inwards the refrigerator until you lot are laid upward to serve! How hard tin that be??? Let me state you lot something.... When I started out making the cake balls, it was all prissy as well as dandy.. No problems! Put the cake balls inwards the fridge, no problem. Now came the business office when I had to dip the lollipop stick into the molten chocolate as well as insert it into the cake balls! Hmmm what tin I state you! The cake balls groaned as well as rebelled as well as one-half of them exactly barbarous apart! I was happy that I had atleast 50 % success rate! I kept the balls alongside the lollipop sticks inwards them dorsum inwards the refrigerator to set. After sometime, I took them out to dip it inwards chocolate. Sounds super simple: concur the stick, dip it inwards melted chocolate, swirl, milk shiver off the excess as well as locomote on it upright inwards a cup/container. When I dipped my lollipop stick alongside the cake ball on top, into the chocolate, it barbarous apart!! I could cause got cried! With tenacity I kept going until I had dipped all of them inwards chocolate. I had lost roughly other 1/4 of them. I dipped the surviving ones into the bowl containing sprinkles as well as stuck into the foam within an ornamental container. H5N1 few of the balls groaned nether the weight of the chocolate as well as sprinkles as well as barbarous correct off the stick. Well, I withal had a few that tenaciously held onto the stick as well as I was able to display them on the table. Throughout the number though, they kept dropping off as well as a picayune pocket-size would come upward to me as well as state me , " aunty , the cake Popsicle barbarous off!"All this happened inspite of me paying attending to all the tips that the prissy lady inwards this blog wrote!


My outset cake pops


Well, thence why am I writing almost cake pops if it was such a "huge" failure? Well, plainly since people brand them all the time, as well as nobody complains almost it , it must live on definitely doable! As you lot run across for yourself, I cause got similar a shot been able to successfully brand cake pops & they cause got NOT fallen off the stick! Well.. exactly a couple! :( The outset fourth dimension I made them, I made them from eggless cakes as well as idea perchance that could cause got been the reason. Next fourth dimension I made them for my friend's dauhhter's birthday, I made them both from eggless cakes as well as cakes alongside eggs. Some barbarous off as well as roughly held on. This fourth dimension around, I had also increased the amount of frosting that I had added into the cake land mixing. I realized that the most hard as well as crucial business office was the dipping into the chocolate. That is when it tends to autumn apart. It is also easier to dip it into ganache than melted chocolate. It holds better. Molten chocolate is highly temperamental as well as tin seize as well as harden on you lot inwards no time! Ganache is to a greater extent than forgiving as well as tin live on heated as well as melted again, inspite of roughly added impurities( read cake crumbs) inwards it. I also realized that the size of the cake ball earlier dipping is essential . It cannot live on likewise large or likewise small. If you lot larn inwards likewise big, it is going to live on likewise heavy for the stick as well as volition autumn correct off 1 time it is dipped into chocolate as well as wrapped inwards sprinkles. If it is likewise small, the stick mightiness tear it apart upon insertion!;) So, what should the correct size be? I piece of job a melon scooper to scoop the dough as well as brand certain they are all the same size.




Last , but non the least, if they withal autumn off the stick or you lot discovery the procedure likewise tedious, exactly brand bonbons! Sounds fancy??? In lay man's price it would live on called "cake balls". I cause got my practiced friend Sonal to give thank you lot for introducing me to bonbons! What a prissy locomote out road bonbons give desperate people similar me!


Here is the recipe:

Servings: twoscore medium sized cake pops/ bon bons


Ingredients:


Leftover cake: iv cups, (any variety crumbled)
( you lot tin also piece of job whatsoever nine inch cake)
Buttercream frosting: 1/2 can( if using laid upward made).
Semi-sweet chocolate chips: 1 cup
Lollipop sticks or skewers :  1 pack of 50
Sprinkles: 1 loving cup ( whatsoever variety volition do).

Method:


Cake pops

Crumble the leftover cake  alongside your manus until all the cake has been crumbled. Add buttercream frosting to the cake crumbles as well as mix good using your hands until it is well-combined. 
\


Now using a melon-scooper brand medium sized balls. Keep them inwards the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to theatre up.




Line a baking tray alongside parchment newspaper as well as locomote on aside.



Melt the chocolate chips either using the double boiler method or inwards the microwave 1 infinitesimal initially as well as thence thirty seconds at a time, stirring in-between. It is ok if you lot run across a few chocolate chips. It volition melt alongside the estrus of the residual of the molten chocolate. Don't overheat the chocolate chips every bit it volition harden. Most chocolate chip bags come upward alongside instructions regarding how to melt it.




Now dip the tip of each lollipop stick into the chocolate as well as insert it into each cake ball. This picayune flake of  chocolate on the stick volition human activeness every bit gum to locomote on the stick inwards the ball. Put it dorsum inwards the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes thence that the chocolate hardens.







Now accept them out of the fridge. You mightiness cause got to melt the chocolate a picayune likewise at this indicate inwards fourth dimension every bit it would cause got hardened.

Keep the sprinkles laid upward inwards roughly other cup/plate.




Dip each cake ball on the stick into the molten chocolate, swirling it slightly land bringing it out. If you lot cause got problem doing that, exactly piece of job a spoon to pour the chocolate over the cake ball land belongings slightly inwards a higher identify the cup.


Immediately dip it inwards sprinkles every bit required as well as thence stick it upright inwards roughly styrofoam or locomote on it inwards a large mug/glass.

Put the cake pops inwards the refrigerator for 20-30 mins thence that the chocolate tin harden.

Delicious cake pops are ready!




Now you lot run across why I persist inwards making them! They are sooo cute! Nobody tin resist them.

So what are bon bons?

To brand bon bons, skip the lollipop stick business office as well as exactly dip the balls inwards molten chocolate, add together a few sprinkles or nuts, identify them on parchment newspaper lined baking sheet  inwards the refrigerator for 20-30 mins thence that the chocolate tin harden. Serve them prettily inwards mini-cupcake liners.

Enjoy!

Cooking made easy:


Use a narrow loving cup to melt as well as dip the chocolate. It is much easier.
Also, for beginners I would strongly recommend using candy melts to dip the cake balls in. The chances of failure are much lower( fifty-fifty though it is a picayune to a greater extent than expensive than chocolate chips).


Tip for salubrious living:


A picayune flake of night chocolate daily has shown to cause got wellness benefits.

Food for thought:


Always seek out the seed of triumph inwards every adversity. Og Mandino



Subscribe to receive free email updates: