link href='/favicon.ico' rel='icon' type='image/x-icon'/> Thanksgiving Special: Slow Creamy Fruit Dessert | Healthy Food

Thanksgiving Special: Slow Creamy Fruit Dessert



When ane is invited to somebody's home, ane must non become empty-handed. That's what my woman nurture taught me.The other day, I was invited for a get-to-gether together with I didn't lead maintain anything to take. As a rule, I don't similar to accept ready-made stuff. I similar to position inwards a picayune endeavour together with accept something special. I was running some all-day together with knew that I didn't lead maintain the fourth dimension to brand anything elaborate. Also, it had to last vegetarian together with a dessert that could last easily transported. I didn't  know how many guests where going to last at that spot or their tastes! I wanted to brand something that would appeal to a bulk of people.What could I mayhap rustle  that would tally all the criteria? H5N1 fruit salad? Too boring. Custard alongside fruits?? Noo, it has eggs inwards it. I hence remembered a dessert that my vecino made for me ane time that everyone had liked. I speedily called her together with double checked the recipe. I had well-nigh of the materials on hand. I decided to give it a try. I used a combination of canned together with fresh fruits. I made it, left it inwards the dorsum of the refrigerator to set,before I left habitation to accept my fille to Ballet class. When I came habitation together with was gear upwards to become to the gathering, it had nicely set. The mutual frigidness weather condition helped! It was a super-hit together with the bowl was empty inside 15-30 minutes of existence placed on the table!!



This recipe has no name, hence I came upwards alongside my own. If anyone knows the advert for this or has suggestions, delight experience gratis to permit me know. :)

Angie, I am bringing this to your party! It's Fiesta Friday! I am certain the lovely BFF Stephanie @The Cozy Cook  and Tracy @Scratch It will too relish this lovely dessert.

Servings:12-15 people


Ingredients:


Condensed milk: One xiv oz can
Low fatty Sour Cream: One sixteen oz container ( purpose Greek yogurt/ hung curd for an fifty-fifty healthier option)
Mixed fruits: 1 can( the ane that is reserved inwards it's ain juice alongside no added sugar).
Oranges: 2
Kiwi: 2, peeled together with cutting into semicircular pieces.
Red Grapes: 1 cup, halved
Green grapes: 1 cup, halved
Strawberries: 8-10, halved
Blueberries: 20
Blackberries: 10

Method:


Peel the orange, the private sections together with cutting the private orangish sections into seize alongside teeth size pieces. Keep aside.

Drain the tin of fruits completely together with proceed aside.Make certain at that spot is no fluid inwards it.

In a large bowl, using a whisk, mix together the condensed milk together with sour cream.

Reserve a picayune fruits similar orangish together with berries for garnishing. Add the  remaining fruits into the bowl. Mix gently.

Decorate the exceed of the bowl alongside reserved fruits.

Place the bowl inwards the refrigerator for 3-4 hours to set. It firms upwards similar custard.

Serve cold.



Enjoy!

Cooking made easy:


I used the canned fruit because I was desperate! I neither had the diversity of fruits I needed, nor the fourth dimension to chop all of them. Had I had the fresh fruits on hand,and the time, I would lead maintain opted for the fresh ones.I essay out together with avoid canned nutrient equally much equally possible!

Any combination of fruits tin last used.  The best to purpose are fruits similar orange, pineapple, grapes, preaches together with berries which produce non discolor afterwards some time. Be careful alongside the berries. If they are over-ripe, they tend to bleed color!

Tip for good for you lot living:


Try to include 3-4 servings a solar daytime of fruit inwards your diet. This ensures that you lot larn an adequate furnish of your daily dietary requirement of vitamins! The best together with easiest means to produce this is to snack on fruits together with to consume fruits equally desserts.

Food for thought:

The soul's joy lies inwards doing. Percy Bysshe Shelley


Subscribe to receive free email updates: