link href='/favicon.ico' rel='icon' type='image/x-icon'/> Meatless Monday Cucumber-Avocado Salad | Healthy Food

Meatless Monday Cucumber-Avocado Salad



Salad is an integral business office of meals inwards my home. This is specially truthful if I brand one-pot rice dishes similar pulao together with biryani. I oftentimes play to a greater extent than or less alongside the ingredients inwards my salad depending on what is available inwards my fridge at that time.When I made this detail salad, I had lots of ripe avocados which I feared mightiness become bad together with wasted if I didn't move them quickly! I decided to toss them into my regular cucumber-tomato-onion salad. The resultant was a overnice together with creamy salad which fifty-fifty the kids enjoyed. Since I avoid dairy, nigh of the fourth dimension I move olive oil-lemon juice marinade.I 1 time again play to a greater extent than or less alongside the herbs, the nigh mutual 1 that I move beingness cilantro( coriander leaves). I cannot help it, it is the Indian inwards me.:)

Servings: 4


Ingredients:


Cucumber: 1 medium sized.
Avocado: 1 medium sized.
Tomato: 1 medium sized.
Onion: 1 medium sized(Any onion tin live on used, I convey used yellow)
Scallions( leap onion): 3
Lemon juice: from 1/2-1 lemon ( depending on the size)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil: iii tbsp
Cilantro: ii tbsp, finely chopped
Sea Salt: to taste
Black pepper: 1/2 tsp, freshly ground

Method:


Peel 1 cucumber together with die it. Dice 1 tomato, 1 onion( I convey used white onion) together with 1 avocado & add together to the bowl. Chop upwardly 3-4 scallions( leap onions) together with add together to the bowl. Now squeeze1 tbsp lemon juice into the bowl. Add iii tbsp extra virgin olive oil, ii tbsp chopped cilantro/coriander leaves, 1/2 tsp freshly reason pepper, sea-salt to sense of savor together with toss well.

Serve chilled.

Enjoy!

Cooking made easy:


The avocado when tossed similar this inwards the salad, it gives a overnice creaminess to the salad.

Lemon juice inwards the salad prevents the avocados from discoloring.

You tin too add together black/ light-green olives , carrots diced small, reddish radish diced,small cauliflower florets, feta cheese or cottage cheese to this salad together with become far fifty-fifty to a greater extent than interesting together with nourishing.

Tip for salubrious living:


Cucumber slices may help alleviate the night circles underneath the eyes. Cut cucumber into 0.5 cms thick spell together with identify them on your eyes alongside your eyes unopen for 20-30 minutes. Take a nap. You volition wake upwardly feeling refreshed.


Food for thought:

Choose a undertaking you lot love, together with you lot volition never convey to piece of employment a twenty-four hr menstruation inwards your life.Confucius


Subscribe to receive free email updates: