link href='/favicon.ico' rel='icon' type='image/x-icon'/> Apple Kheer ( Apple Tree Pudding) | Healthy Food

Apple Kheer ( Apple Tree Pudding)



Happy Sankranti to all my readers.Today is Makarsankranti.This marks the beginging of boundary inward India. This is ane of the few Hindu festivals that is celebrated on 14th Jan every year.Usually sweets made alongside till ( sesame seeds) similar till laddoo ( balls) as well as till chikki ( brittle) are made as well as distributed to grade this occasion. I didn't own got fourth dimension to brand this. But I wanted to brand a quick dessert for my kids.



I decided to brand apple tree kheer ( pudding).The argue I made this was because I wanted to brand a really slowly as well as relatively salubrious dessert. I dear kheer as well as tin consume a bowlful. But I avoid gluten , thence didn't desire to role the regular flour Sheviyan ( vermicelli). It is too the flavour of apples, as well as then nosotros own got apples inward plentiful at home. I decided to grate to a greater extent than or less of the apples as well as role that instead of the vermicelli. I used a piddling condensed milk instead of carbohydrate which too reduced my cooking fourth dimension ( non that apples require much cooking, only thickening the milk gives the pudding a ameliorate taste). The terminate consequence was a delicious kheer that my kids & I loved. I don't intend I would become dorsum to making kheer using vermicelli e'er again! I own got too made this kheer without the commons cashew nuts as well as slivered almonds every bit my boy is allergic to nuts. I own got used pistachio pulverisation to survive garnished on hap later serving ( non for my son).



Servings: 6-8 ( 1/2 loving cup per person)


Ingredients :


Apples: 2 medium sized( sweetness variety)
Water: 1/2 cup
Milk: vii oz ( room temperature).
Condensed milk: vii oz ( 1/2 of xiv oz can)
Cardamom powder: from 2 pods of cardamom
Saffron threads: 2-3 ( optional)
Raisins:  1 tbsp
Ghee ( clarified butter): 1/4 tsp
Cashew halves: 1 tbsp ( for garnish, optional).
Pistachio powder: 1 tsp ( for garnish, optional).

Method:


Wash, pare as well as grate apples. 




Add it to a pocket-size pot alongside 1/2 loving cup water. Cook it for 10-15 minutes until tender. 




Add the condensed milk, saffron thread as well as mix well. 




Turn off the flame, proceed aside.

In a skillet/pan, oestrus a piddling ghee on depression heat. Add cashew halves as well as raisins. Sauté them for a few seconds until they firstly turning golden inward color. Turn off the flame.

Add this to the pot alongside the apple tree as well as milk mixture.

Garnish alongside pistachio powder.




Can survive served hot/warm or cold.

Enjoy! I am bringing this to to a greater extent than or less of my favorite spider web log parties: Throwback Thursday , Angie's Fiesta Friday and Saucy Saturdays! Two of my favorite blogger friends who post to a greater extent than or less of the best materials on populace are co-hosting the Fiesta: Elaine @ foodbod as well as Julie @ Hostess at Heart!
A big squall out to both of them!

Cooking made easy:  

If you lot don't own got condensed milk, role regular whole milk. You volition yet own got to laid upwards it for a longer menses of fourth dimension until the milk reduces to one-half the amount. Add carbohydrate every bit per private taste.

Tip for salubrious living:


Substituting shredded apples for vermicelli non alone makes the dessert gluten free, it too reduces the calories. Any fruit is counted every bit negative calories as well as thence to a greater extent than of it tin survive eaten. Apples own got several wellness benefits including essential vitamins as well as minerals as well as much needed dietary fiber.

Food for thought:


Everything that is done inward the populace is done alongside hope. Martin Luther


Please exercise part your thoughts. Your sentiment matters!

Subscribe to receive free email updates: