link href='/favicon.ico' rel='icon' type='image/x-icon'/> Back To Schoolhouse Special: Charmuri Chikki ( Rice Crispy Squares) | Healthy Food

Back To Schoolhouse Special: Charmuri Chikki ( Rice Crispy Squares)





It is that fourth dimension of the yr when nosotros are busy sending our kids dorsum to school! My missy started Kindergarten today. This according to me is the official outset of the formal didactics for my child... I gauge for me too.. every bit this is my initiative off advent alongside the populace schoolhouse organization inwards the United States. I was educated inwards Republic of Republic of India mainly, in addition to the instructional method is completely dissimilar from here. To acquire inwards fifty-fifty to a greater extent than complicated, my kid is inwards the gifted in addition to talented program, which agency that it is a lot of locomote in addition to learning for her in addition to for me!! It is really difficult to live a working mom. I had to lead maintain the solar daytime off yesterday so that I would live a role of this big milestone of my baby. I am the i dreading her schooling every bit it exclusively adds to my locomote load! She was unperturbed, all excited! I wonder if I volition lead maintain whatever fourth dimension to pass blogging... Ok ok I gauge I am getting carried away now.. Many moms earlier me lead maintain done this in addition to survived, in addition to I gauge I volition too..



Coming dorsum to today's special, I figured "back to school" would live a perfect topic for this Fiesta Fri every bit all parents strive to render their children alongside good for you lot snacks whether they are inwards kindergarten or inwards college! We ever worry if our kids are eating plenty in addition to if it is nutritious enough! Today I am bringing to you lot a healthy, nutritious, natural, gluten-free, nut-free, slow to brand snack. I came upwardly alongside this recipe when I was making charmuri laddoos ( rice crispy balls) for Ganesh Chathurthi . It was quite out of necessity in addition to desperation. To brand the laddoos, you lot lead maintain to mix inwards the rice puffs inwards pipage hot jaggery syrup in addition to and then shape them into balls spell the mixture is notwithstanding hot! If it cools down, you lot tin no longer shape the mixture into balls. I figured that if I were to pour it into a tray in addition to and then cutting it into squares it would salvage me a whole lot of time, non to hollo the burning of my hand! Without farther ado allow me portion the recipe. I beloved going to Angie's Fiesta Friday. Hilda@Along The Grapevine is co-hosting this week.



Servings: makes i 9x13 inch tray


Ingredients:


Jaggery: ii cups
Puffed Rice : 8 cups ( you lot tin also utilisation rice crispies)
Cardamom powder: 1/4tsp
Water: 1/2cup

Method:


Dry roast the puffed rice until crispy, some 5-10 mins in addition to proceed aside inwards an airtight container.



Line a baking tray alongside parchment newspaper or wax newspaper in addition to proceed aside.

Heat jaggery in addition to H2O inwards a pot until the jaggery is completely melted in addition to liquid. Now plough off the heat, allow it settle for  five mins. Gently pour the molten jaggery into a thick-bottomed  pot, leaving behind whatever sandy residue.




Heat the molten jaggery on medium open fire until it thickens in addition to is viscid in addition to stringy when attempting to pick to pour from a spoon. Turn off the flame.





Now mix inwards the cardamom pulverization in addition to the toasted puffed rice a loving cup at a time. Mix well  in addition to thoroughly  later the add-on of each loving cup so that the jaggery coats each in addition to every private puffed rice grain in addition to you lot lead maintain a dainty golden mixture.If you lot experience that the jaggery is non coating the puffed rice or the mixture is to a greater extent than white than golden, in addition to then halt adding anymore puffed rice.

Pour the hot mixture into the prepared baking tray. Using a spatula gently press downwardly to acquire inwards compact in addition to fifty-fifty on top.



Cut into squares spell notwithstanding warm but don't take away it out. Once cooled down, dissever the squares in addition to shop it inwards an air-tight container.





Stays fresh at room-temperature for upto a month.



Enjoy!

Cooking made easy:


If you lot don't lead maintain wax newspaper or parchment paper, but grease the tray alongside ghee or butter. Grease the sides too.

If you lot don't lead maintain a baking tray, set it inwards whatever regular metallic foursquare / rectangular tray.

Puffed rice softens in addition to looses it's crispness when left inwards opened upwardly air, thus it is essential to both dry out roast it in addition to and then shop it inwards an airtight container until it is laid upwardly to live used.

Tip for good for you lot living:


Traditionally jaggery has been used every bit a sweetener for several centuries now. It is also used inwards nearly Indian desserts in addition to also inwards java in addition to tea. Jaggery is a groovy alternative to white sugar. Both are made from saccharide cane juice, the exclusively divergence beingness that jaggery is less processed in addition to is to a greater extent than natural every bit opposed to white sugar. Simply set jaggery is nil but sugarcane juice that has been boiled downwardly until it solidifies.It tin live used anywhere that saccharide is used. Jaggery is also a proficient rootage of iron.

References:
https://www.organicfacts.net/health-benefits/other/jaggery-and-sugar.html
https://www.reliancegeneral.co.in/insurance/articles/year-2012/September/Say-No-to-Sugar-Opt-for-Jaggery.aspx
http://ayurveda.md/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=42&Itemid=1
http://www.thehealthsite.com/fitness/6-healthy-substitutes-for-white-sugar/

Food for thought:


Don't jurist each solar daytime past times the harvest you lot reap but past times the seeds that you lot plant. Robert Louis Stevenson

Subscribe to receive free email updates: