link href='/favicon.ico' rel='icon' type='image/x-icon'/> 100Th Post: Ghee ( Clarified Butter) | Healthy Food

100Th Post: Ghee ( Clarified Butter)



This is my hundredth post! I genuinely cannot believe that I cause got completed 100 posts on my blog!!! That also inwards less than ix months! To many bloggers out there, this may non hold upwards a big deal... But for me, it is! I never thought I would come upwards this far! Like I cause got said before, blogging is difficult work. Hats off to all the wonderful nutrient bloggers out in that place who cause got the fourth dimension to cause got pictures of their nutrient as well as write close it. For me, equally a working mom, it has been actually difficult to cause got the fourth dimension to produce my posts. I cause got had to remain upwards belatedly afterward the kids cause got been cajoled into bed, wake upwards during the wee hours of the morning time but to consummate a post or to post something on time. The expert business office of it is the appreciation I cause got received from household unit of measurement as well as friends, recognition past times many dissimilar organizations, making novel friends amongst the wonderful people from the blogging terra firma as well as finally but non the to the lowest degree the immense amount of learning that occurs on a daily basis, inwards to a greater extent than ways than one!

I cause got given much thought to what I would write close for my hundredth post. I finally decided to become amongst something that is business office of basic cooking skills: ghee or clarified butter. This is such an integral business office of Indian cooking. Ghee that is sold at premium rates inwards stores similar Trader's Joe, Whole Food etc. Did yous know that ghee tin hold upwards easily made at home?? All yous postulate is butter! As uncomplicated equally that. For fourth dimension immemorial, ghee has been made at abode inwards Indian households. I cry back my woman rear collecting cream from boiled as well as cooled milk, storing it inwards the fridge, churning it as well as making butter as well as and thus converting that butter into ghee.

Let me part this uncomplicated method of making this liquid aureate at abode that is totally natural without whatever added preservatives or chemicals inwards it.



Servings: yields approzimately 700 ml of ghee.


Ingredient:


Unsalted Butter( sugariness cream butter): iii lbs

Method:


Take the butter inwards a thick-bottomed pot. 



Heat it on medium rut until it is completely melted.









 Once it melts, trim the flaming to the lowest possible as well as allow it boil.



 It volition get-go frothing. Continue boiling, stirring inwards betwixt until the frothing stops, to a greater extent than ofttimes than non around 30-40 minutes. 





The liquid immediately is golden amongst a slightly nighttime residual at the bottom. Stop boiling at this point. Switch off the flame. 





Boiling whatever farther volition burn downwards the milk solids that has separated as well as settled at the bottom .This volition plow the color of the ghee brownish instead of golden. 

Once the ghee has settled down/ cooled downwards a little, strain as well as pour it inwards a airtight container of your selection to hold upwards stored, ideally a drinking glass jounce of some kind. 






The nighttime residual volition hold upwards left behind.






Can hold upwards stored at room temperature. Remains fresh for a month.I am bringing this to all my wonderful friends at Angie's Fiesta Friday. This week's co-hosts are Andrea@cooking amongst a wallflower as well as Sylvia@superfoodista.I hold back forwards to these parties ...it is thus much fun.If yous haven't soundless been in that place yous should effort it!

Cooking made easy:


Many people propose the add-on of clove, cinnamon stick, beetle-nut foliage during the finally phase of ghee training to arrive to a greater extent than aromatic. I sometimes add together it. It is non a must. My woman rear sprinkles a niggling buttermilk when the bubbling has stopped as well as it has turned golden.  This also is supposed to brand the ghee rattling aromatic.

Tip for well for yous living:


For fourth dimension immemorial, ghee has been role inwards everyday  Indian cooking. However over the years, people cause got shied away from ghee believing it to hold upwards fattening as well as rich inwards cholesterol thereby leading to heart-issues. Today how hither butter is existence promoted, ghee also is existence promoted. Like anything else, anything when consumed inwards moderation does non campaign sick effects on the trunk . Too much of anything is bad for the body. My kids are vegetarian an picky eaters. Hence I brand certain I role ample amount of ghee inwards their food.
References:
http://www.ancientorganics.com/about-our-ghee/
http://creationbasedhealth.com/benefits-ghee-clarified-butter/
http://www.care2.com/greenliving/15-amazing-benefits-of-ghee.html

Food for thought:


The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion. Arnold H. Glasow

Subscribe to receive free email updates: